Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Review: Roloxin Lift facial treatment (mask)




 Tonight I am going to see my favorite band and I wanted to pamper myself. Last time I went to a concert I wanted to get dolled up for I used this Roloxin Lift treatment before I did my makeup. I found out about Roloxin by way of my monthly Birchbox. Inside were two packets, which I found are at a value together of about 20 dollars. I went to birchbox to see how it stood among other subscribers and it has a 4 out of 5 star rating with over 2,000 reviews. These are all good signs.

Claims: This treatment claims to be a wrinkle smoothing mask whose formula creates a lattice-like structure that fixes irregularities and smooths the skin taut for 24 hours.

What I think: I applied this to my face following the directions, massaging the packet and all and applying to my damp freshly cleansed face. As I am writing this I just used this for the second time now so I left the mask on for about 15 minutes. The first time I used it I was definitely nervous because it just seemed intimidating so I left it on for 10. Here's a shot of it midway through the drying process. I think it was so blotchy because I have been oil cleansing. The mask feels a little chalky on your fingers and smells like Greek yogurt, which is weird but not the worst. It dries pretty quickly so you should apply it in sections.


I love love love this mask, it does everything it claims to do and blew me out of the water after using it. After I wash it off I moisturized with my favorite Neutrogena moisturizer.


 This moisturizer is pretty heavy duty, I used it in the winter, but it really hydrates your skin without feeling greasy (I'll do a review on it soon). Even after using it my skin feels TIGHT, and not in the dry way! This is a different tight feeling; it just feels so nice. I take a look in the mirror and I feel like I look years younger. 

I'm choosing to wear it to a concert tonight not only to look good but because my skin doesn't get super greasy and oily even in a crowd of sweaty people. It also allows my makeup to blend and soak in all sorts of BEAUTIFUL ways. 

I really cannot say enough good things about this mask, and even though they're about 10 dollars for each treatment, it is so worth it. I'm going to save my birchbox points and buy the 10 pack as soon as I can. The effects of this mask only last for 24 hours and I'm not sure that they provide any sort of long lasting wrinkle diminishing effect, but if you want to treat yourself this is how.

Check out the Roloxin website, they have this awesome feature where you scroll down and watch the effects happen on a model. They also have tons of result pictures. This mask is the real deal.

Now I'm off to go do my makeup and I am so excited to see how awesome it blends and looks. Leave a comment if you've seen this product, tried it, or heard anything about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment