Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Here we go

WORKOUT CHALLENGE!

The snow is melted and here I am wearing leggings that are practically second skin at this point thinking "someday I will have to wear shorts" and that terrifies me. I do this to myself every year, and last year I just basically didn't wear shorts so I didn't have to deal with it. By "it" I mean the constant thoughts of insecurity, wondering if anyone can see the cellulite and if they can how ugly it probably looks. Anyone feel me? I know you do..

To add insult to injury in February I kicked my ass and did yoga every day, adding some cardio here and there. I planned my meals and ate like a god damn rabbit. I lost FOURTEEN pounds! I felt amazing, that is so much for me. The last time I lost real weight it was 5 pounds and it was from switching regular to diet coke (wow kill me). So here I go, I am off to make myself quit this negative bullshit, get off the couch and bust out in short shorts this summer.

Blogilates is something I found out about via a google search called "best free dance workouts". I wanted to learn some cardio dance routines because I loved dance as a kid and wanted to break a sweat to some Beyonce (I also had a copy of Just Dance for xbox and a used kinect in my amazon cart chilling idle for awhile).

At first I was kind of skeptical about Cassey Ho, certified fitness instructor, because lets face it: I am not an overly happy person. I am about as enthusiastic as I need to be and that is it. Cassey is SUPER PEPPY, and i'm talking like 5 redbulls and a new tay swift cd happy, but she is really motivated and somehow pushes me through the workouts. It was probably when she said "I know you want to look good in that bikini" and I cried out "I DO" that I fell in love. 


I'm going to start with the Thigh Slimming Challenge


 On it's own, her blog is fantastic for printable/follow along workout routines and challenges, but I would totally recommend her youtube channel for some additional ass kicking inspiration.

Here is her Thigh Slimming Challenge video from the Blogilates youtube channel where she walks you through the moves of the challenge.

 

I'll post again with some results next week and maybe if I'm up to it add on her Butt Lift challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment