Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Four Tips on how to keep you breakout free

The keyword here for this post is: CLEAN! It is so easy to blame a product for causing you breakouts, but have you thought about the way you apply the product? You might be causing yourself to break out and you don't even realize it.

TIP ONE:





#cleanyoself, It's just that simple. The first step to washing your face should be rinsing your hands (and under the nails!) of all the bacteria and dirt that could be on them. I would especially scrub if you were just doing something you know is dirty. Of course there are times I forget, but if I'm having issues with breakouts I generally never skip.









 




TIP TWO:



Breakouts on your body can occur just as fast as your face when around a ton of oil and bacteria. I generally use my towels twice and then switch to a clean one. If you go for longer than that you can be reinforcing breakouts from the mildew and bacteria that thrive in moist environments. Make sure that when you hang a towel it isn't scrunched up and that most of it is able to dry completely.




This rings CRAZY true for facecloths. You should only be using them ONCE! I usually only use one at night when removing makeup or a mask/scrub. In the morning I wash my face in the shower, but if you don't shower in the mornings just use your hands! (Clean ones!)

If you need to put your facecloth down in between using products, make sure the surface is clean too, bathrooms are dirty!





 

TIP THREE:



Clean your brushes! If you're using your makeup brushes every day you should try to clean them once a week. It seems like a lot of work but those things pick up oil and bacteria from your face (and airborne types of bacteria!) every day and then store them on these brushes. Some of you are probably thinking "yea ok but they'll die off" and that's the worst of all! You're right, only the strong survive so they can be mixed onto your face again the next day! Ew.








                                       






Here is how I quickly wash my brushes:

        *RINSE*





If you own a Beauty Blender, you need to clean this more than you clean your brushes. Why? Well you wet the sponge before each use so that it bounces across your skin and blends makeup. Its a sponge so it is a harbor for bacteria and mildew just like a towel.

Me? I clean mine every couple days by taking a pump of my makeup remover, smearing it all over the sponge, and rinsing under the faucet until makeup doesn't squeeze out any longer.

I tried the Solid by beautyblender brand and my first impressions were that I didn't like how it was basically a bar of soap and I didn't know where to put it so I could avoid bacteria contamination. I like using a pump of makeup remover much better.


 


TIP FOUR:



Wash your pillow covers. When you sleep, you sweat. This oil becomes absorbed by your pillow covers, and even your sheets, and can break you out if they aren't washed. I say this because most people wash bedding every other week or even once a month, but pillow covers should really be washed more frequently. If you don't want to wash them that much then get an extra set and change them out more often.

 I would also consider what detergent you use if your skin is acting up and you feel like you've changed everything in your routine. Try something more natural, even if only for your pillow covers and towels. It could help calm your skin and fix the problem.


Thanks for reading! Let me know in the comments if you have any other tips that you don't see here or would like to add to anything.







No comments:

Post a Comment