Friday, May 1, 2015

Review: Acure Brightening Facial Scrub


I learned of the brand Acure through my monthly Birchbox subscription. They had really great price points on their products for what they claim to offer. Their formulas are all natural so they have no: parabens, PEG's, petroleum, silicone, phthalates, and they're hypoallergenic. If you are curious as to why a brand would opt out of those ingredients I've linked each to a page that will explain. (I love that kind of stuff!)

Like I mentioned I purchased through Birchbox because I had received samples before and trusted that to make a full sized purchase. However they now sell Acure at Target! Who doesn't shop at target? It is so convenient because seeing the product in person is a different experience than shopping online (yea and you buy more too..).

The Brightening Facial Scrub claims to:
  • Gently exfoliate using organic sea kelp
  • Stimulate new cell growth using chlorella growth factor and argan stem cells
  • Work for all skin types (Oily/acne prone to dry/sensitive)
  • Remove impurities from your pores using french green clay and organic lemon peel


Straight out of the tube comes a sludgy green paste that after reading there was organic sea kelp inside had my mind thinking of nasty seaweed and pond scum....maybe that's just me.

I would apply this to a damp face because it feels a little harsh on bare skin. Once the water was able to dilute it a bit I gently went in circular motions starting at the bottom of my cheeks working onto my nose and up to my forehead. A dime sized amount got a fair amount of product up to my nose, but I applied more for my forehead since that's a trouble area for me.

Rinsing was not fun. I really have an issue with products that take too long to come off my skin because I hate tugging at my skin. This really took awhile to come off. At the end of the whole ordeal I had my arms soaked with water, my sink a mess, my floor wet, and my face a little red.

A piece of advice: Use this in the shower in the morning. It rinses off fine under the jets and is a good way to start your day.

Overall I think this scrub is fantastic because after using it for a couple weeks I feel like it helped me shed my dry skin cells and has made the tone of my skin a tad brighter. For an exfoliate this is something I would recommend to anyone. It is only 9.99 and is full of amazing ingredients that wont hurt your skin.

9.99 for 4oz I cannot get over how cheap that is; and their other products have seriously crazy low price points too! So the next time you're at target (aka tomorrow) check out the Acure section and see what else you might be into.

No comments:

Post a Comment