Thursday, September 24, 2015

Product Review: Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette



Today I want to talk about the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette. This debuted earlier this year and has become a cult favorite among a lot of makeup lovers. You can find this through Sephora (and I hear on QVC now) for about 46.00 which can be pretty pricey, but the value of this palette is worth it.

I need to start by saying I am obsessed with this perfect mix of colors. It's one that I think is a staple for any makeup lover because of the versatility of the colors and combinations. I use it for light every day looks and then again for smokey night looks.

There are three sections of colors from left to right: Neutral, Cool, Warm. In each quadrant has a base color, lid, crease, and highlight. It makes it easy to put together a simple light look, or a dark eye. I usually mix and match, I tend to stay toward neutral and warm, but I love the cool top base color. All of these eye shades are a smooth and buttery consistancy, providing a TON of pigment so use a light hand for the darker colors. With that said though, I can see this palette lasting for so long because I am barely tapping my brush on these to achieve awesome results. 

The box comes with information on all of the shade names and even color combination ideas for different eye looks. I love that, it's so helpful. One of the best parts about this palette is that you can play around and create some really awesome looks.

I love love love this palette, and if you wear a lot of these colors you need this in your life. It's fun to experiment with and makes me super interested into trying Kat Von D's other palettes and beauty products.

For more info on Kat Von D Beauty Click here.










No comments:

Post a Comment