Thursday, May 7, 2015

Review: Simple Brand Micellar Water





I caught wind on social media about Micellar water a few weeks ago and was really intrigued on the claims that you can use this in place of tap water and cleansers to wash your face. I picked up this Simple Cleansing Micellar Water at target for 6.99 and wanted to try it out immediately.





So what is micellar water? Micelles are little tiny oil molecules that mildly work to dissolve oil on your skin. Micelles have been used for years overseas and have worked their way over here due to their popularity and effectiveness. Micelles are a great alternative (especially those with sensitive skin) because they can take the place of a harsh detergent.






 
I tested this product out at the end of my workday and was wearing CC cream, concealer, eyebrow tint, eyelid primer and mascara. Following the directions on the back was easy, I drenched a cotton pad in product and began wiping my face in sections. Looking at the cotton pad it had removed a lot of my makeup fast, but I had to go through about 5 cotton pads to really remove all the makeup on my face and I was wearing a pretty light face of makeup.



Claims:
  • Perfect blend of multi-vitamins, skin loving ingredients and gentle cleansers
  • Cleanses the skin and removes makeup
  • Skin is left feeling clean and hydrated
  • Gentle enough for sensitive skin
What do I think?
  • The ingredients in this product are pretty mild and gentle, meaning that they are perfect for sensitive skin. It includes some pH balancing ingredients and citric acid so it will help tone your skin as it cleanses and help balance your skins acid mantle (see previous post for more on that). 
  • Using this in place of a cleanser/makeup remover is a little hard to agree with just because I think it took too many cotton pads to remove everything. It is definitely a better option than rubbing your skin with a facecloth, but not an environmentally friendly one. You'll also be spending more money buying cotton pads.
  • I have to say that this stuff leaves my skin feeling SO CLEAN and hydrated. It is such a really overall refreshing feeling that i'm becoming addicted to. This will totally be my go-to product this summer after being in the sun.


Overall impressions would be that I think this is definitely something people should try out if they're interested. There's no harm in using it, and if you're wearing a light face of makeup it will be easy to remove everything.

My routine so far has been to use it on my eyes to remove makeup, use my DIY oil cleanser (which I'll blog about soon), and then go back and swipe the product all over my face to tone, refresh, and remove any remaining makeup. I have noticed my skin is super happy with this routine so I'll definitely be repurchasing this again when I'm out!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with Micellar water! I get the huge cotton pads and use both sides! I also leave on the area for a few seconds and then wipe away, then more seems to come off in one go :)

    Nicole | nicolelaurenblake.co.uk

    ReplyDelete