Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Product Review: Yes To Grapefruit CC Cream


 Let me start (because I can't hold it inside) this off by saying that this is my favorite CC cream EVER. I first heard of Yes To products by way of a Target beauty aisle. I was actually looking in the all natural section that has Burts Bee's and bath accessories when I saw their Yes To blueberry anti-aging makeup removing wipes. I saw they had Yes To blueberry, carrots, tomato, and grapefruit and thought their packaging was super cute and wanted to try something out. After I was pleased by the wipes, I was scrolling through birchbox looking for something to buy with my points and I saw this CC Cream. 

When I first tried this out I honestly didn't like it. The smell at first was weird, different from any other beauty product i've smelled. I was also really turned off by the consistancy: It was pretty thick and seemed weird as I applied it with my fingers.


After I wore it around for the day I felt like it was too thick on my face, like my skin couldn't breathe. I didn't go back to it for about a week after until I ran out of a BB cream I was using. I tried using a kabuki brush instead of my fingers and it blended much nicer into my skin this way. The rest of the day wearing it my face felt great and it sat well on my dry/combo skin. I apply it now with a damp beauty blender and it looks even better.

As a CC cream it doesn't have a lot of coverage, i'd say light/medium coverage. I have a red patch on my cheek and it definitely disappears for the most part when I wear this. I feel like all my imperfections were hidden nicely without looking too done up.

I have gone through two bottles of this in a year, wearing this almost every single day. I would wear this to work and it lasts all day without any oilyness or dry patches. 

The top and bottom pictures show from left to right: a bottle I just finished, the bottle i'm currently using, and a bottle still in it's package (I hoard them when they're on sale).
What do I think? 
Overall I think that it does the job it claims to on the package, and as long as you blend it out over your face using a brush or blender you should have no wear issues. I also really see a difference in my skin tone after using this for so long. My skin definitely looks brighter and even, especially in my cheek area. During the day my skin feels supple and hydrated while i'm working.

If you're looking to try a new CC cream, i'd definitely give this one a try. You can pick it up at Target in the natural beauty aisle, and also check out the other products Yes To has to offer. Their fruit/vegetable concept is really appealing and makes you think about the idea of "feeding your skin" as well as you should feed your body.


No comments:

Post a Comment