Sunday, May 31, 2015

Product Review: Jouer Matte Moisture Tint


Jouer is a brand that I have heard of only through Birchbox subscriptions. I haven't really tried too many of their products but I like them for their attention to skin loving ingredients. Their products usually get pretty good reviews online too. 

A month or so ago I was looking for either a BB or CC cream with more coverage. This product had pretty good reviews as far as coverage for being a tinted moisturizer. I found this matte moisture tint, hydrating primer, and a beauty blender in an exclusive set for pretty cheap. I had to jump on the offer because I really wanted to try the beauty blender too.

What do I think?
First when I squeezed out the product I immediately thought this color was a bit too yellow for my skin tone. I was a little thrown off by that and how thick the formula looked.


 Spreading it out on the back of my hand it also seems pretty thick. I was afraid it would clog my pores because of the thickness. It seemed to cling to dry patches on my hands making it look a little scaley in texture. 


I used the primer and dampened a beauty blender to apply it to my face. It looked pretty cakey and not so smooth. It dried kind of patchy and seemed to sink into my fine lines, especially on my forehead.

I was a little bummed out because I wanted the matte face look, and I liked the antioxidants and vitamins in the formula. The only reason I didn't return it was because I love the beauty blender SO much and the primer wasn't terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment